If you are missing a tooth, it only makes sense that you may want to get it taken cared of as soon as possible. Although bridges can be constructed quickly and inexpensively, you may want to consider a dental implant instead. Here’s why:
A Quick Look at Dental Bridges
As a common approach to fixing a gap between teeth is a dental bridge. Bridges connect prosthetic teeth to two healthy teeth. However, after a bridge is placed there are some issues that many patients deal with. A few include:
- Cleaning the area where the bridge connects to the healthy teeth is difficult. Because this occurs, the healthy teeth are more prone to cavities.
- The teeth that support the bridge absorb so much pressure over time that they become weakened faster than normal.
- The replacement time period for bridges is every 5 to 10 years.
If you are not desiring dealing with any of the above problems, then a dental implant is likely the better choice.
A Closer Look at Dental Implants
Dental implants have continually enjoyed improvements since its inception. Implants are now considered the gold standard of tooth replacement. At Silver Smile Dental, we are able to provide dental implants in a fast and efficient way. Some of the benefits of the dental implants that we offer our patients include:
- High chance of having an implant that only requires touch-ups every 7 to 10 years and much more durable than bridges
- Implants are not susceptible to bacteria; hence, there is no threat of decay
- Dental implants perform like natural teeth (they stabilize gums, can handle chewing, and look like natural teeth)
Regardless of whether you choose a bridge or an implant, the Silver Smile Dental team can help.